In business, credibility is everything. Don’t you agree? Consumers need to trust and believe you are who you say you are and that you can perform at a certain level. There are many online strategies to help build this credibility. However, it all starts with good website design.
The research shows that most people will seek online information online for a local business, whether for a plumber or a real estate agent. This means most of your future customers are looking for you online. Therefore, your website is your first opportunity to make a good impression.
Ensure your website design is using these tips to boost your credibility
- Overall Design – The first thing visitors use to evaluate credibility is your site’s overall design. If your site has an outdated look, is not compatible with mobile devices, is cluttered or has consistency problems, it will drive people away. Ensure you have a visually pleasing and professionally appropriate website design.
- Provide Proof You Are Real – The easiest way to prove you are a real business is including your physical address. Also, list your memberships in organizations, like the local small business association, Realtor’s association, or home builder’s group.
- Highlight Expertise – Are you and your team members experts? Include bios of your team members listing their education, experience, and organization memberships. Also, list their participation in the local community, such as the football boosters, local food cupboard, or other local charity.
- Make Contact Easy – Many sites use contact forms. However, this discourages many visitors who want to directly email their questions or call you on the phone. Moreover, many forms ask for information some people just don’t want to give. Make contacting you easy by providing visitors with options.
- Update Content – Building credibility and trust online requires keeping your website up to date. Review your website on a regular schedule to ensure all information is still current and relevant.
- Avoid Errors – Monitor your site for errors and problems. Things like broken links or inaccessible pages due to database connection issues can hurt credibility. It is important to keep your website up and running smooth.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about website design tips to build credibility, or need more information, please contact us.