It is something everyone can agree: a business’ online presence is essential for growth and determining success. You rarely get a second chance at making a first impression. The importance of your website design is that it often your first opportunity to show yourself as authoritative and influential. Is your website generating new leads and potential customers, or turning people away?
In order to help you answer this question, we have created this short list.
1. Is your site responsive? – Or, to put it another way, how does your website look on smartphones, tablets. and other mobile devices? A responsive web design adapts the look and feel of your website based on the device a visitor is using, without creating a whole separate site. Usability and user experience can draw people in or turn them away.
2. Is your social media presence integrated? – Arguably, your social media presence is as important as your website and an important aspect of any online marketing strategy. Today’s website design needs to promote your social media channels and profiles. Moreover, consider incorporating social media feels and social sharing tools.
3. Are you creating fresh content? – When was the last time you updated your website’s content, added company news, or posted a blog entry? There are two great benefits of creating new content. First, search engines love new, original, and fresh content. One aspect of search engine optimization is building authority. Additionally, it is new content that will attract the most new visitors and potential customers.
4. Does your website include dynamic content? – As mentioned above, search engines love new and fresh content. Dynamic content automatically adds new information to your website. Considering adding social feeds, news feeds, events information and more. Pulling information from various feeds and databases will show your website as updated and relevant to search engines and visitors.
5. Is the website difficult to navigate? – Think about it. If you are having a hard time finding something on your website, your visitors and customers are probably becoming extremely frustrated. Moreover, if the content is several levels deep, even the search engines may have trouble finding it. Easy navigation is an essential aspect of user experience and usability.
6. Are you using a consistent design? – Many businesses and website owners build their presence over time. However, it of often done in a piecemeal manner and design elements are mismatched. The result is a website that is difficult to navigate and/or lacks consistent branding or messaging.
7. Is your website content unbalanced or dated? – Today’s modern website design takes a balanced approach to content. Is your website striking the right balance of images and written copy? Has the information been updated over the years? Are the images outdated or no longer relevant?
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about if you need a new website design, or need more information, please contact us.